Valuation Oversight Manager
Category: Fund Services
Job ID: R-737199
Who we are looking for
SSGA’s Global Funds Management (“GFM”) team drives sound fund oversight programs across SSGA’s funds and services. GFM’s Valuation Oversight Team is looking for a Valuation Oversight Manager who will act as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) and manage support staff on the team. The team that you will be joining oversees the valuation of securities for various funds and accounts based out of North America with diverse fund and umbrella structures. The candidate would be responsible for various operational tasks and support and also guiding/managing the team to meet our goals and report progress to senior managers.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Valuation Oversight Manager, you will:
- Lead and coach the junior staff on assigned activities; Work on daily allocation of activities, reviews and handover checklists
- Develop as an SME and act as key contact to resolve exceptions and queries
- Perform and/or review daily/weekly/monthly procedures & controls monitoring the prices utilized for securities held in the funds; controls include comparing security prices to trade data, comparing security prices to alternative sources, research stale prices, etc.
- Summarize results of procedures & controls, and assist in the preparation and review of materials presented to the Valuation Committee and Fund Boards of Trustees
- Maintain valuation oversight procedures and recommend changes/improvements as appropriate
- Stay up to date on current market developments and industry standards
- Maintain a highly controlled environment
- Monitor and follow up with vendors on pricing issues
- Assist in ad-hoc projects, as requested
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Effective people manager; experience in managing a team and transitioning processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); Skilled in the use of Bloomberg
- Understanding of valuation of corporate actions and all security types (i.e. equity, fixed income, futures, swaps, options etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Has flexibility to work independently while valuing the benefits of influencing a true team effort
- Proficiency to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or relevant field
- 5-7 years related experience, with direct experience in valuation operations and/or oversight
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...