Krakow – Poland State
About the Team
Akamai’s User Experience team designs our customers’ end-to-end experience. The experience occurs through APIs and our customer portal, “The Control Center,” and is in service of our customers, channel partners, and internal staff. As the collective voice of the user, the Team strives to create connected and intuitive experiences that accelerate both end users and developers to achieve success.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Writer with a passion for user-driven documentation. In this role, you will join a global group of writers engaged in developing world-class documentation for our customer-facing products and internal documentation that is aimed at the Akamai engineering community. We consider user assistance a critical piece of the product and look for driven, curious communicators whose goal is to help customers understand and use our products.
Our Technical Writers work tightly with product managers and developers; they have the rare opportunity to impact product requirements and design early in the process. They also take ownership of their projects and deliverables.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to plan user-assistance projects, anticipate documentation needs, solve problems, and communicate progress
- Work with UX Designers to write and revise text and user assistance for Akamai UIs
- Drive documentation projects through the complete development cycle: scope deliverables, set schedules, talk to subject matter experts, write, edit, and produce customer-facing documentation for both GUI and API environments
- Learn and master new documentation tools, methods, and delivery mechanisms as the work requires.
- •Experience in graphical design and UX
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, instructional design, computer science, or any field of study requiring English writing and critical analysis
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- English language fluency
- Proficiency with content design and delivery tools such as Oxygen Editor, TechSmith software, content management systems, and screen capture applications
- Proficiency with XML and HTML
- Experience in writing technical publications for software-based systems
- Demonstrated basic understanding of programming concepts and the software delivery lifecycle
- Excellent writing, editing, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and organize task-driven information that is easy to understand
- Experience in working on customer-facing documentation
- Experience in using XML and DITA to produce topic-based, reusable content
- Experience in documenting RESTful APIs. Knowledge of JSON, YAML, and Markdown would be a plus
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Knowledge of SDL Knowledge Center would be a plus
- Familiarity with Camtasia or other screen-cast video tools
- Experience in graphical design and UX
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację