Technical Consulting Engineer – Switching
AREA OF INTEREST
What You’ll Do?
- Work directly with customers to tackle complex technical issues
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to Cisco products (mainly related to Cisco’s Catalyst switches), services, and solutions
- Be a member of an international team of trusted technical experts to worldwide Cisco customers and partners
- Engage in cross-technology collaborations
- Recreate customer technical problems within Cisco’s internal state-of-the-art labs
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest cutting-edge technologies within the enterprise domain
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects
What do we expect from you:
- Knowledge of network and transport infrastructure protocols
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware (mainly enterprise-class routers & switches)
- LAN and WAN production environment experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand the network, narrow down the issue and implement the fix
- Ability to quickly adopt and learn new technologies and products using documentation and internal resources
- Strong experience working with external customers. Good communication skills and ability to manage different stakeholders
- Strong end-to-end ownership and drive toward resolving customers’ problems.
- Working independently, but comfortable in a team environment
We’ll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the network switching products: C2k/C3k/C4k/C6k/C9k/Industrial Ethernet Switches
- Hold a current valid industry-recognizable accreditation
- Basic knowledge of any programming language (preferably Python)
What’s in it for You?
- Unique possibility to work fully remote from your location within the European Union
- You will get targeted, structured training helping you to ramp up your knowledge
- You will be given a mentor that will help you to get up to speed and grow in your first few months
- You will join a team of great people who are experts in what they do while sharing an atmosphere where everyone supports each other and grows
- Opportunity to shape yourself into an industry-leading networking expert with outstanding problem-solving and network troubleshooting skills
- Unlimited access to any of Cisco’s hardware and software products from across the entire Cisco portfolio
- Exceptional opportunities to grow – including access to resources, a variety of trainings, certification paths (e.g. CCIE/DevNet), rotations to different technology teams
- Real impact on Cisco business by participating in internal projects focusing on automation, product development and adoption, process and tools optimization
- You will be able to master communication and client engagement skills by being exposed to customers and stakeholders on many levels
- Stable working hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm Central European Time (with periodic weekend shifts on Saturday or Sunday 8am – 2pm – with additional monetary and a day off compensation).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
Cisco is not only an industry leader and the place to work for network engineers but also has unique and amazing work culture and year by year is on the top of the greatest places to work worldwide.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
W Cisco wierzymy w potęgę technologii i możliwości jakie daje ona organizacjom na całym świecie, a naszym celem jest tworzenie inkluzywnej przyszłość dla wszystkich. Zatrudniamy obecnie 80 tys. pracowników w 95 krajach, w tym 2,5 tys. w Polsce, a nasze...