Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for an experienced System Integration and Cloud Specialist
As the Fixed Networks product portfolio is getting Virtualized, we as Fixed Networks Professional Services are evolving our services portfolio to support delivery through webservices and cloud-based solutions
With the assignment you will be responsible, for both internal and customer projects, to support the SW development, integration, validation and implementation of new applications within an agile framework
Organizational-wise the role resides in the Services Readiness & Learning team
What you will learn and contribute to
- Obtains knowledge on the Fixed Networks technology domains like SDAN, Next Generation PON, etc. for future services enablement. Professional Services is working typically around use cases to link and leverage the technology domain with the Services Innovations & applications
- Perform Integration, Verification & Testing (IVT) for blueprint solutions and customer solutions (customizations). It comprises the integration of SW and / or HW or system components into system, platform, product releases, or networks and verifies the integrated entity or network against requirements and specifications. Covers the development of test protocols, the setup of laboratory and associated equipment, tools, and devices. Typical delivery milestones are Proof Of Concept (PoC) and Production readiness
- Researches, designs, plans, develops and/or evaluates new advanced cloud solutions by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design
- Work typically includes in-depth assessment of the customer’s networked application needs, providing cloud modelling and simulation testing, consulting to further clarify needs, and engineering to deliver cloud solution
- Designs, defines, and implements integrated hardware/software systems requirements for customers and/or prepares, studies, and analyses existing systems
- Applies and maintains quality standards. Participates in process and tools evolutions and improvements
- Defines and develops Applications projects taking into account speed, cost, efficiency, utilization, value, requirements and business objectives
- Collects process improvement ideas and drives change management around processes with the stakeholders
- Acts as a senior subject matter expert, typically at a global or regional level, in many organizational units as the most senior internal expert who serves as a best practice / quality resource and is an acknowledged authority both within and outside own organizational unit.
Takes initiative and fosters collaboration internally to meet the objectives and externally to keep crisp on what is evolving with customers, competitors and industry overall
- Will provide a Professional Services Applications projects advisory including the study and business case outcomes for developing new applications
- Will actively participate in the development phases of the applications, either by code development contributions or indirectly through the developers in our R&D team
- Is behaving as an innovator. Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions. Requires minimum supervision. Uses non-standard approaches to resolving issues. Suggests improvements and seeks opportunities for innovation. Demonstrates initiative & adaptability to changing business environments. Is willing to take on new roles or jobs appropriate to skill set in different environments and/or locations
Your skills and experience
- Expertise and experience on IT and Telecommunications application domains/concepts covering:
- Cloud: infrastructure and architecture, Security implementation, Computing and Deployments, Container Technologies, Nokia Cloud Infrastructure, Virtualized Network Functions (VNF), Cloud Application Management and Zero-touch networks.
- TCP/IP, VLAN and routing protocols
- Network virtualization
- Experienced in container runtimes (i.e. Docker) and containerized application and services management (K8s, OpenShift etc.)
- Proven capability in bringing concepts and requirements to implementation, that includes performing due diligence for assessing and on-boarding 3rd party packages (software components)
- Individual Contributor, performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives. Yet will have to be able to work constructively in and with customer projects and teams
- Analytical mindset, capable of combining and analyzing information from several different sources
- Knowledge and experience in project and process management
- Experienced in working with international teams in diverse locations, team player
- Strong cognitive skills – Advanced English and interpersonal skills
- Works to influence others to accept views, practices and approaches. Requires ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters. May conduct briefings with senior leaders within the job function. May at times be required to negotiate regarding operational issues
- Has cross-cultural knowledge and global mindset
It would be nice if you also had:
- Test Automation
- Software skills: Python, Shell scripting, Terraform, Ansible
- Knowledge of SDN
- Knowledge of Nokia Altiplano Access Controller solution
- Good L2/L3 knowledge with hands on experience with SNMP protocol
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.