Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here as a Software Architect will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of as a SW Architect
Radio Frequency Software department is looking for motivated software development professionals for the position of Embedded Software Architect. We are a part of Nokia Radio Frequency and Advanced Antennas organization. RF Software is responsible for specifying, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining radio products’ software for various radio access technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, LTE and 5G. We are divided into self-organizing teams, working in Agile environment. Our products are developed mainly in C++ and C on several software architecture layers, including those close to hardware, as well as on higher levels of abstraction. We are also responsible for our products’ integration throughout the whole product life cycle, which is performed in the automated Continuous Integration environment.
A common and clearly defined vision, open communication and a deep passion for innovation are the features that best describe our work environment and its unique atmosphere. We believe these are the values that shape the future of technology.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Requirement analysis, software design and implementation of industrial grade software on embedded real-time platform
- Development of specification and design of assigned architecture entity
- Participation in planning, reporting and reviewing of documents and architecture within the frame of specific project
- Decision making in business critical aspects, balancing technical and business benefits
- Execution of technical activities by leading and supervising a team of engineers
- Cooperation with project managers in program and resource planning activities
- Writing requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for R&D from a technical point of view
- Cooperation with internal and external stakeholders involved in a project, coaching and leading the teams in solving complex engineering problems from various areas of technology
- Cooperation with software integration engineers regarding integration and verification within the frame of the project
- Conducting technical trainings
Your skills and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or similar
- Expert level in C/C++ development, analysis and design of complex commercial software products
- Experience in creating advanced software architecture, redesigning and refactoring
- Experience in embedded systems programming (HW resources constraints: limited memory, CPU) including HW debugging, multithreading and multiprocessing (IPC, parallel computing)
- Expertise in algorithm optimization, code profiling, analysis of memory usage violations and real-time performance enhancing
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Good practical knowledge of STL and boost libraries
- Design Patterns (thread-safe oriented)
- Experience with SW and HW debugging tools (gdb, JTAG, lauterbach)
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective teamwork skills
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodologies (SCRUM, TDD, CI)
- Experience in high scale SW projects (LOC>100k)
- Experience with RTOS and ARM architecture
- Google Unit Test framework (googletest, googlemock)
- Knowledge of Boost C++ libraries
- Basic knowledge in FPGA/ ASIC design
- Knowledge of RF signal processing
- Knowledge of radio power amplifier control and dimensioning
- Experience as HAM radio operator / radio technology enthusiast
- Proactive attitude
- Innovative approach to software development
- Requirements engineering
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
Jesteśmy przekonani o tym, że różnorodność sprzyja innowacyjności i kreatywności, a kobiety uwielbiają pracować nad nowymi technologiami. Dzięki indywidualnie zaprojektowanej ścieżce kariery na podstawie zainteresowań, kompetencji oraz wcześniejszych doświadczeń zawodowych, każdy pracownik ma możliwość przyczynić się do powstania rozwiązań oraz...