The Investment Model Analyst is a role within SSGA’s Investment Organization focused on ensuring our model-based quantitative investment capabilities are thoroughly documented and validated so that the review and governance of all investment models is in compliance with the US Federal Reserve Board’s Guidance on Model Risk Management (SR11-7) as well as being consistent with State Street’s best practices in Model Risk Management. This will also provide the benefit of helping insure that SSGA’s systematic investment strategies provide durable, compelling value propositions. The team also supports SSGA’s Technical Committee and represents model owners in model-related interactions with Audit and Compliance.
The Investment Model Analyst position will work closely with SSGA’s investment teams. The role will require gaining an understanding of the investment models used within the teams, and often writing and reviewing technical documents that thoroughly describe the methodology, data sources, and investment rationale behind each model. These technical documents will serve as inputs to the Model Validation process as well as serving as a useful guide to the investment teams. Additionally, Analysts will assist with evaluation of many models within the Investment Model Analyst team and evaluate the results of ongoing monitoring to assess adequacy and recommend possible followup actions.
The Investment Model Analyst will report to the Investment Model Director, who will have responsibility for ensuring that SSGA’s investment models adhere to all regulatory requirements on model risk, and follow State Street’s best practices with respect to Model Risk Management. Analysts will also participate in infrastructure development and other efforts to improve SSGA’s models and governance/oversight practices. Analysts should have or strive to improve good project management and communications skills, an understanding of investment research, quantitative fluency, a positive and proactive attitude, and the ability to synthesize a wide body of information.
The Investment Model Analyst will work closely with Boston-based teammates, and over time with investment research staff at various SSGA locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with teammates to execute the strategy for reviewing new models, changes to existing models, and ongoing model reviews via the Technical Committee
- Working with teammates and investment research staff to capture and evaluate ongoing investment model performance and model changes
- Executing technical analysis of models to evaluate them according to model review criteria
- Performing model inventory management and other administrative duties related to investment models
- Ensuring risk excellence by effectively interfacing between the Investment and Risk teams to ensure proper Model Risk Management principles are observed and appropriate documentation is completed, both on a forward-looking and retroactive basis
- Designing and building practices and infrastructure (including some coding) to facilitate the above, and reporting to stakeholders
- At least three years of relevant investment industry experience and an advanced degree in a related or technical discipline (finance, economics, math, physical science, engineering)
- Reasonable understanding of financial/economic theory and statistics
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with SQL and at least one statistical package (R is preferred); Python is a plus
- Experience with a reporting/business intelligence platform (Tableau is preferred)
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with and influence internal stakeholders
- Positive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with a strong team orientation
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 35 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...