SPDR ETF Capital Markets Data Scientist, State Street Global Advisors, AVP
Sales and Client Relationship
Job ID: R-721551
Assistant Vice President
Global Capital Markets
Description of role:
As a Data Scientist for the Global Capital Markets business you will support all 3 regions across US, EMEA and APAC. Key responsibilities will include, delivery of data reports, identifying key trends and insights, with follow up actions flagged for regional teams. With data at the core of many aspects across Capital Markets, this is a great opportunity for a Data Scientist with experience of building analytics tools, using large data sets from multiple sources.
The successful Data Scientist will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting appropriate tools for processing and reconciliation of ETF market and reference data. You will collaborate with regional Capital Markets teams to identify priorities and devise solutions, providing where possible a best practice standard across the global business. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to support critical markets oversight functions across APAC/EMEA and US teams as part of Business Continuity. The ideal candidate will have strong communication abilities (with both technical and non-technical colleagues). Familiarity with trading or risk systems is a plus and you will ideally come from a background in the financial industry.
- Lead the development of the data strategy for the ETF Global Capital Markets business working closely with the Head of Capital Markets for EMEA and APAC
- Manage the relationship with data vendors and explore new sources of data and analysis working with Capital Markets senior management
- Deliver high quality-viewpoints and thought leadership pieces that use data as the input working with Capital Markets Content Specialist
- Generate large databases from various sources of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze data and generating statistical information to identify trends and patterns
- Work in partnership with key stakeholder groups across Sales, Strategy, Marketing Investment Management and Capital Markets
- Use a range of programming languages to transform big data into data sets
- Translate complex technical data to simple language and give recommendations and conclusions to internal stakeholders
- Act as subject matter expert on data storage and warehousing working with other parts of the organization
- Maintain and improve a centralized, global list of data strategy projects with clear timelines and key performance indicators
- Partner with Marketing / Analytics / Business Intelligence teams to use data in internal and external reporting
- Be responsible for generation of daily, weekly and monthly internal and external reports
- Explore and establish innovative new ways of communicating thought leadership beyond traditional white papers and blogs working in collaboration with business development
- Deliver risk excellence and support the business as a whole through internal and external relationship development
- Collaborate with teams across SSGA and other State Street business divisions to automate workflows and use programming languages as a basis for analysis and generation of a wide variety of reports
- Facilitate an understanding of the SPDR data strategy and priorities across key internal partners
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on data science and programming within the Global Capital Markets team
- Specific to the SPDR Business, you will work collaboratively with:
- Information Technology (“IT”)
- Business Intelligence
- Product Oversight
ETF Ecosystem Support:
- Assist Capital Markets colleagues to build more data-driven pre-and post-trade analysis, spread and flow reports, conduct order book analysis and develop dashboards
- Contribute to generate ETF Capital Markets thought leadership via usage of data
- Collaborate with internal partners (Product Oversight, Portfolio Management, Operations, Fund Management, Distribution, Legal) on ongoing initiatives and projects related to the Capital Markets Group
- Work with and support the Global Capital Markets Group as required, including APAC and the US
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstratable experience of data analysis using Python and R and other programming languages to an advanced/expert level is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with experience crafting a compelling narrative supported by data.
- Analytically driven and comfortable working with large datasets in Excel, SQL and Python.
- Familiarity working with a Bloomberg terminal and data is preferable
- Understanding of Data Architecture concepts and comfortable working with database software.
- Experience/knowledge of ETF markets and ETF data sources is a plus
- Comfortable tackling open-ended problems using analytical methods
- Ability to work flexibly at times across time-zones subject to priorities/projects in flight
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- Reliable, rigorous and ability to operate and multi-task in a fast-paced trading environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized and structured work approach with an ability to prioritize
- Prior financial markets knowledge is highly desirable, knowledge of ETF market a big plus
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate industry and product knowledge
- Ability to build relationships within our team, across our organization, and with our external partners
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive improvements and opportunities with a willingness to get into the detail and frame the solution
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...