AREA OF INTEREST
Engineer – Software
Networking, Software Development, Testing
If you are interested in the network automation space and want to be part of a newly established development team – look no further! Cisco is hiring backend developers, who search for an opportunity to build and craft a brand-new product with a focus on our execution engine backend.
Role and Responsibilities
As a member of our engineering team, you will do development of the central functionality of the product – the engine, where the actual automation work is taking place. It is built around existing components that will need to be extended and adapted into the new context. Together with the staff and lead you´ll increase the scope of our code base.
- Our larger team is an experienced network automation organization, the makers of Cisco NSO and belong to the Cisco Crosswork portfolio, and we just started working on a product that will help operators automate their networks more efficiently.
- We are encouraged by agile methodologies and always seek to improve how we do things on every level of organization. Our product portfolio is revolutionizing network automation on a global scale and are pushing organizations, network equipment vendors and ourselves forward with higher and higher demands on speed and usability. Our customers are representing nationwide and global networks using our automation software in multiple layers of the infrastructure, from low level transport to compound service offerings for consumers and businesses.
Who You Are
- You probably have had one or two different roles as software developer.
- You are self-educating and self-motivated through curiosity, a passion for exploring and developing code.
- You show and like having ownership in parts of our total code base
- You are actively contributing with ideas on how to continuously improve the product
Our minimum requirements for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience as a developer
- Strong programming skills (Golang, python, bash)
- Knowledge of Go templating, common frameworks, and tools
- Understanding of modern databases
- Experience with workflow systems
- Experience with network automation and/or a curiosity about networking
- experience working with a team
- written and verbal communication skills
- attention to detail
What we offer
- Phenomenal career possibility to grow in both technical and leadership tracks
- Open and relaxed team culture
- Cisco, a socially responsible global company
- Experienced and passionate colleagues
- Global customers and partners
- A thriving community around the products we develop
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Extensive benefit package including private medical healthcare, assurance, pension scheme and more
- Hybrid work setup post pandemic
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
W Cisco wierzymy w potęgę technologii i możliwości jakie daje ona organizacjom na całym świecie, a naszym celem jest tworzenie inkluzywnej przyszłość dla wszystkich. Zatrudniamy obecnie 80 tys. pracowników w 95 krajach, w tym 2,5 tys. w Polsce, a nasze...