Senior Tax Specialist-Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who would be processing and analyzing tax calculations for clients on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and/or ad hoc basis. The Tax Specialist ensures figures are accurate and delivered to the client in a timely fashion. The Tax Specialist is the central point of contact for all tax supporting functions and analyzes the information received. The Tax Specialist makes sure any discrepancy is monitored and resolved professionally on a timely manner.
Team working on periodic deliverables only, without daily deadlines
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder record keeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate. SSGS’ tools help our clients to make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us in making your mark in the financial services industry from day one.
What you will be responsible for:
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Reviews tax components and completes the reviewers’ checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supports departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Tax Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Works on projects and performs other tasks assigned by the Tax Team Supervisor.
REVIEW OF TAX CALCULATIONS AND OTHER TAX COMPONENTS
- Reviews and approves completed tax calculations performed by Tax Specialists (with the tax accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timeliness.
- Reviews and approves reasonability of the tax tolerance breaches.
- Ensures that the taxation of the fund is in line with the legislation.
- Reviews tax provisions.
RECONCILIATION –TAX RELATED
- Reviews and confirms the tax components activity per daily, weekly and monthly tax computations to support tax in pricing and / or tax reporting. Assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies.
- Reviews and justifies the daily tax movements.
- Reviews Tax Specialist’s checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Assists where required in preparing periodic and ad hoc tax reports, and reviews reports prepared by the team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information required.
- Gathers all required information necessary for preparation of periodic and/or ad-hoc reports or calculation of tax provisions.
- Reviews assets classifications and offshore investments for tax purposes.
- Submits all statutory returns and instructions associated to tax payments.
- Calculates complex tax relief for both pricing and accounts purposes.
- Reviews tax on a periodic/ ad-hoc basis depending on country/client specifics.
- Liaises on issues resolution with tax teams in other locations, fund groups, IT and other units. Escalates when necessary.
- Implements best practices for tax activities. Makes recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepares documentation for review as required.
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Other duties requested by team supervisor.
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Tax Team Supervisor, informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Establishes and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains systematic filing practices.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
- Ensures that daily workload is allocated appropriately.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work. Trains less experienced staff in tax and bank procedures and processes and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively commits to development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Identifies training needs within the team and ensures that those needs are met.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and trainings.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets and Word processing
- A thorough understanding of fund taxation aspects is required
- Excellent English communication
Critical Behaviors for Success at Core level:
- Takes ownership and initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Interpersonal skills
- Displays insight & influence
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Accountancy or Tax related degree (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in fund administration / tax is required.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work from Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program that will help you to match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...