Senior Software Engineer, AVP
Who we are looking for
Senior Software Engineer will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of one or more Charles River modules or components as a senior member of an agile Scrum team. Provide engineering troubleshooting assistance to customer support teams and other development teams within Charles River.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug medium to large software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business and technical problem domains
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn moderately complex business requirements into working and sustainable software
- Provide thought leadership in the design of product architecture within the team’s scope of responsibility
- Develop, test, debug, and implement software programs, applications and projects using Java, C#, SQL or other related software engineering languages
- Provide informed guidance and direction in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Assist in improving development test methodologies and contribute to related test methodology frameworks
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD Scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- Provide mentoring to junior staff
What we value:
- Excellent knowledge of Java and SQL. Knowledge of C# is a plus
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, best software development practices, and ability to write clean and maintainable code
- 6 to 10 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience preferably in a financial services product delivery setting
- Previous experience working on medium to large projects with no supervision and on more complex tasks with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience troubleshooting and fixing database and application performance issues is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to apply design patterns to solve real problems is preferred.
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- Prior experience with Agile development methodology is preferred
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred
What We Offer:
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...