Senior Manager – Finance Operations, AVP
Why this role is important to us
The team you may join is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. Charles River Development helps creating enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds.
Who we are looking for
The AVP of Sourcing is an important role within State Street’s Global Procurement Team and responsible for the preparation, analysis, negotiation and finalization of the end-to-end Procurement. This sourcing manager will support/be a part of the global, regional and local category Professional Services sourcing strategies.
Why this role is important to us
A senior-level professional experienced in designing and executing sales compensation and incentive plans, deal and pricing model process review and financial analysis/forecasting. Team leadership experience from fin-tech company is needed to perform the role.
Your new role
As a Senior Manager of Finance Operations you will:
- Manage the company deal review process, develop enhancements to process and its policies, and ensure compliance with company policies. Establish goals, review metrics, and drive the deal review process on a regular cadence
- Establish a cadence of pipeline/forecast review with sales; curate the deal review process based on key deals in pipeline/forecast
- Partner with sales operations to coordinate and standardize effective pricing quotation review processes
- Configure and maintain company pricing model, and partner with sales and product management for go-to-market tactics and strategies to optimize pricing outcomes
- Build deal profitability into the pricing model, analyze deal profitability data and make recommendations to improve profitability; develop tracking tools to measure the effectiveness of implemented go-to-market and pricing strategies
- Lead financial analysis on new product launches, establish a framework, partner with the business to gather data, perform ROI analysis, model scenario/sensitivity analysis, and effectively summarize recommendations for key stakeholders and senior management. Develop tracking tools to monitor performance of go-to-market and pricing strategies and profitability post-launch
- Partner with sales and product management to ensure effective communication is achieved across organization on pricing strategies, processes, and sales compensation plans
- Act as a subject matter expert on how sales compensation plans are designed (components) and constructed (mechanics) across various sales roles, driving the global sales compensation philosophy on design, administration, and analytics
- Develop global quota coverage models and perform scenario analysis around various sales compensation plan components and mechanics
- Partner closely with sales leadership, sales operations, and finance to implement improvements to the monthly commission administration process that increase transparency, promote a better understanding of plan mechanics, and provide an environment where the field can access and review all underlying details within their comp plan in a self-service manner
- Deliver sales attainment and performance reporting to finance, sales, and senior company leadership teams, develop KPIs and analytics to measure the effectiveness of the compensation plan mechanics
- Own and provide commission expense forecasts to finance for the monthly expense forecast and budget
- Responsible for commission SOX controls documentation and compliance, with a focus on continuous improvement of the control environment and processes
- Lead, inspire and develop a high performing team while developing goals, identifying key performance indicators, and determining strategic projects for the team to meet quarterly initiatives
- Manage finance analysts across a number of active projects at different stages, including scoping, planning, execution, and tracking tasks/issues/risks
What we value
Skills needed to successfully perform the function:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Software-as-a-Service experience (SaaS)/Cloud Computing nice to have
- Track record of establishing credible business relations with senior executives, and technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- Re-engineering and implementing new processes
- Solid organizational skills, process oriented approach, and attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate cross-functionally to communicate and produce deliverables on a timely basis
- Advanced Excel, big data analysis, and financial modeling skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced complex environment
- Flexibility with schedule and ability work across multiple time zones when required
Education and preferred qualifications:
Required experience and knowledge:
- 12+ years of experience with progressively growing responsibility in the fin tech space operations in an international environment
- 7+ years of compensation experience that includes significant knowledge and experience with sales incentive plan best practices and innovative critical design thinking
- Experience in leading teams (direct management and management without authority); staff development and coaching experience is required
- Experience in leading a sales compensation team is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required (Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics)
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport Card
- Additional holiday entitlement
- Remote work options
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings and technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...