Senior Cloud Enablement Engineer
Infrastructure Services Technology
Aon is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer.
In this role you will work with engineering colleagues globally to help accelerate and drive the next wave of innovative new products and services on Azure and AWS. You will be a member of a global Cloud Engineering team that helps define and support services, processes and technology platforms which colleagues can leverage in an autonomous and secure fashion.
- You will also assist solution lines in their use of and transition to cloud-based deployments and patterns by providing expert advice and technical support.
- You will work with global teams to define and establish patterns, standards and tooling to support greenfield cloud-native solutions and migration of existing applications from fixed data centres.
- You are expected to have a strong self-directed work ethic with experience in provisioning, orchestrating and supporting cloud-native services using automation and infrastructure as code.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required as this role will involve working closely with internal teams, external developers, partners and customers and lead the evaluation/evolution of tools/technologies/programs with these groups.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Provide technical direction, engineering capability, guidance and support across global development teams to help them adopt, build and operate workloads in the cloud at scale.
- Work within a global virtual cloud engineering team and operations function, partnering with other technology lines, solution line partners, and stakeholders to understand and identify business demand, priorities, issues, and strategies that will help establish and define the right platform to meet the short-term and long-term needs.
- Promote and enforce standard cloud based methodologies, processes and tools that will ensure compliance with architectural and security standards which you will also contribute to.
- Help build and support a DevSecOps culture within the organization by advocating developing and supporting best practices around automation, monitoring, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code and secure coding amongst others.
- Act as custodian of the platform, guiding business & technology make well-informed choices on projects which impact the direction of our technology estate.
- Drive ongoing infrastructure efficiency initiatives to ensure costs are tied to consumption.
- Lead by example and be a mentor to engineers across the organization and geographies on cloud based patterns, designs, and engineering practices.
- Support global organization as a compute and cloud SME
- Develop business case and assess financial impacts of proposed solutions and lead the technical team on RFP/RFI’s.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 5+ years’ experience ideally providing technical engineering, consulting and operational support ideally with Cloud Technologies
- Detailed understanding of Azure and AWS and experience of building / migrating applications to these Cloud platforms
- Experience with DevOps approaches and configuration, development and automation toolsets for cloud (ideally Terraform)
- Experience with Powershell and other Scripting/Automation languages and techniques.groups
- Container/ Container Orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience working with CI/CD tooling and pipelines in tools such Azure Devops and GitLab
- Experience with virtualization hypervisor technologies. i.e. Vmware, HyperV etc. a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Able to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- Solution and Detail-orientated; Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer-focused; strong effective collaborator with ability to influence.
- Excellent technical skills with knowledge of cloud platforms, infrastructure, networking and security best practices.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize activities to deliver desired outcomes.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on [email protected]
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
Aon jest globalną organizacją, która dostarcza rozwiązania z zakresu zarządzania ryzykiem, emerytur i zdrowia w 120 krajach na świecie. Pomagamy naszym klientom podejmować decyzje w celu ochrony i rozwoju ich działalności. „Aon” po irlandzku znaczy „jedność” i ta właśnie wartość...