Category: Compliance, Risk and Legal
Job ID: R-728228
The Monitoring and Control Testing team is a Global team and performs Design Assessment and Operational Effectiveness testing of processes and their underlying internal controls across varying business functions and regions as part of the First Line of Defence for Global Delivery to support Business Risk Management in assessing and continuously improving the bank’s control environment.
This AVP role is part of a growing Global Monitoring and Testing Team within the First Line’s Business Risk Management organization and ensures that the testing program runs efficiently, in accordance with defined control testing methodologies, while maintaining effective, regular, and open communication between the team and various stakeholders. This role has ownership for supervision and guidance of 3 team members, and works to ensure that the team produces high quality results to agreed timelines in line with the methodology. The role will also include ad-hoc targeted reviews and support metrics management and reporting within the global team.
The ideal candidate has direct experience in a multinational financial services company performing work in a Process and Control assessment environment (eg. SOX, SOC, Internal Audit, etc). They will have experience in scoping and planning reviews and executing multiple projects concurrently. They will have experience in employing common Process and Control assessment and testing concepts such as executing end to end Process and Control Walkthroughs, population identification and sampling, designing appropriate control attributes to address required control objectives, an understanding of information processing objectives (ie. Completeness, Accuracy, Timeliness, etc), and an awareness of industry standard control assessment frameworks (eg. COSO).
· 5 – 8 years of experience performing risk and internal control assessment and testing.
· Good understanding and proven track record of using common control assessment and testing approaches to complete control design and operational effectiveness reviews in a supervisory / managerial capacity.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Some project management and leadership experience and a desire to further develop these skills
· Ability to multi-task, plan and anticipate issues, and track multiple concurrent projects.
· Ability to work independently, execute testing and provide effective coaching and workpaper review for less experienced team members.
· Complete or partial professional qualification in an audit or related field (eg. ACCA, ACA, CIA, CFA, etc)
· Some familiarity with common risk and control processes relating to financial services, securities trading, asset management, custody banking, or fund services.
· Some knowledge and awareness of general banking compliance requirements and fundamental regulation (eg. AML/CFT, legal entity governance, etc)
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Zamieszczona oferta pracy jest efektem współpracy Fundacji Mamo Pracuj z pracodawcą. Przed aplikacją do firmy samodzielnie sprawdź warunki zatrudnienia.