Senior Accounting Manager, AVP
Your new team
Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Global Finance Center Krakow (Poland) provides a wide range of complex accounting services. The team gives senior stakeholders financial tools and information they need to make an effective analyzes and transparent reporting.
Why this role is important for us
From Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger processes, controlling, analysis to reporting to multiple State Street Bank locations across the world help our business partners create more effective strategic solutions and act on revenue growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Who we are looking for
An experienced accounting professional with proven expertise in General Ledger and controlling area able to closely collaborate with multiple stakeholder and business partners such as Controllers, Regulators or Financial Analysts.
Your new job
Main scope of responsibilities of the function includes:
- Liaison between GAO and Business Unit / Material Legal Entity Controllers, Reg. Reporting, FP&A
- Partner with BU Controller to ensure appropriate controls are in place
- Prioritize initiatives with BU Controller, and across GAO, to ensure focus area alignment
- Coordinate, communicate, manage and explain transactional outputs produced by production teams
- Act as an escalation point within GAO for issues affecting BU/MLE
- Provide GAO subject matter expertise in business and entity specific matters
- Review monthly ‘Controllers Package’ before delivery to BU/LE Controller
- Translate business requirements into standardized processes, work with GPOs on impact and ensure changes are communicated
- Support process improvement efforts, together with GPOs, and ensure local execution
- Collate information for auditors
- Monitor SLA execution, KPI, KRI and error logs on behalf of BU/Entity
- Oversee & monitor processes ensuring they are compliant with local requirements
- Work with Risk & Outsourcing Governance offices to monitor and control the risk of outsourced functions
- Share best practices to implement a strong and robust control environment
What we value
Skills and qualifications which will help you to perform the job
- At least 8-10 years of professional experience in Finance Reporting/ General Ledger / Financial Accounting and/or other related fields
- Very good knowledge of accounting principles and practices (general ledger, financial accounting reporting, controlling)
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Outlook is necessary
- Advanced Language skills: written and verbal in English, German or Italian would be an asset
- Excellent communications, organization, interpersonal and analytical skills
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
What we offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Additional holiday entitlement
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...