Senior Accountant, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
An individual with very good understanding of accounting end to end process (accounts payable, accounts receivable & general ledger) able to successfully partner with various level business stakeholders in an international financial services organization.
Your new team
You’ll be joining the Global Accounting Operations (GAO) team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of accounting services such as AP, AR, GL, VMD processes, analysis and reporting to multiple State Street Bank locations across the world.
Your new role
The Senior Accountant, Senior Associate will proactively and effectively partner with Legal Entity Controllers as well as Operational teams to identify areas for improvement and efficiencies as well as to implement best practices with regards to processes and internal controls impacting financial reporting while ensuring regulatory compliance and building excellent cross-functional relationships in EMEA and overseas locations.
As Senior Accountant you will:
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and yearly closing processes and review/analysis of financial results
- Review, ensure consistency & effectiveness in accounting end to end process. Manage accounting process across all towers (accounts payable/revenue/expense & close tower)
- Present financial results and explain financial variances and trends as necessary to the Legal Entity Controller, general manager and or other members of the company management
- Partner with various departments in State Street such as Legal Entity Controllers, Tax, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure accuracy of financial results and that internal controls are appropriately designed and executed
- Support banking supervision audits
- Prepare various financial reports in agreed form
- Perform general monitoring and internal control over the deliverables from other team/departments, as assigned by his/her direct manager and/or company management in general
- Assure timeliness, completeness and accuracy of financial analysis deliverables, using company issued tools and or own inventories and calendars
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, process oriented approach, and attention to detail required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work and think independently, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced complex environment
- Flexibility with schedule and ability work across multiple time zones when required
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Min. 4 years of professional experience in end-to-end accounting process
- Very good understanding of accounting end to end process (accounts payable, accounts receivable & general ledger)
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles
- Understanding of internal controls and ability to perform assessments and issue resolution
What We Offer
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program that will help you to match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...