Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Our Fixed Networks (FN) business group provides an array of “gigabit to the home” solutions to deliver data access to our communication service provider (CSP) customers. This includes Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) as well as 5G fixed wireless access (FWA), xDSL and cable upgrades. We build solutions that don’t stop at the home but also bring that gigabit experience into the home using our meshed Wi-Fi solution.
What you will learn and contribute to
Our Research and Development team has been growing steadily and to reinforce it further we are looking for an Architect to work in SDAN area, including Altiplano, Nokia’s cloud native Fixed Access Domain Controller. SDAN R&D Solution Architect conducts target-oriented research to directly apply findings to the specification, design, further development, and incremental improvement of products, services, systems, tools, processes, etc. Integrates, verifies, tests, and modifies SW / HW / system components and capitalizes on innovative solutions to meet particular requirements and specifications.
Fixed Networks Professional Services (FN-PS) Business Unit is looking for an SDAN R&D Solution Architect.
Nokia software-defined access networks (SDAN) simplify the network in ways that renew your ability to scale while improving agility and keeping costs under control. Virtualization allows operators to automate the network and unlock new capabilities with smart, cloud-native access.
SDAN uses software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) to speed up innovation cycles in a multivendor environment, leverage cost-effective cloud platforms that simplify IT integration, and scale up your ability to program and automate the network. Software-defined access networks give you an optimized next-generation access network.
Nokia pioneers with the first cloud-native platform that helps operators get more value from their fixed access network, delivering the widest range of software-defined use cases.
As the Fixed Networks product portfolio is getting virtualized, we as Fixed Networks Professional Services are evolving our services portfolio to support software-defined and cloud-based solutions.
With this assignment, you will be responsible, for both internal and external customer projects, to support the software development, integration, validation and implementation of new applications within an agile framework.
Your skills and experience
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Define the Altiplano extensions architecture and design. Altiplano portfolio consists of multiple products in the space of fixed access domain controller
- Keep abreast of industry trends in technology for management solutions and software engineering with a view of identifying the right ones for adoption in the group
- Work with the engineering team towards the realization of the architecture and design in the respective areas of the domain controller
- Work with internal customers and product managers to take the customer requirements to architecture and design and help the engineering team(s) realize it in the product
- Work in a multi-vendor environment. Develop quick PoCs and prototypes as needed in a fast paced customer environment
- Be a technical mentor for the engineering team(s)
- Uses agile methods and the environment to work on solutions
- Defines and develops application projects considering speed, cost, efficiency, utilization, value, requirements and business objectives
- Is behaving as an innovator. Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates support for delegated decisions. Requires minimum supervision. Uses non-standard approaches to resolving issues. Suggests improvements and seeks opportunities for innovation. Demonstrates initiative & adaptability to changing business environments. Is willing to take on new roles or jobs appropriate to skill set in different environments and/or locations
Expertise and experience on new Software and Telecommunications application domains/concepts covering:
- Experience in architecting software/IT/telecom solutions. Proven results in defining architectures and bringing those solutions to the market. Experience in successfully working with global organizations with strong communication ability. Strong motivational and technical leadership skills
- Good knowledge in relevant technologies including Linux, Web Services, Cloud & Virtualization, Kubernetes, Containerization, SDN
- Good and practical knowledge of broadband telecommunication technologies (XDSL, GPON (OLT + ONU/MDU). Knowledge of the Nokia ISAM product family
- Konwledge of the control plane protocols like NetConf and Yang models
- Ability to design and use Web Services
- Ability to quickly prototype and validate design approaches
- Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycle & testing
- Knowledge of Open Source solutions in SDN area
- Good knowledge of software engineering practices like DevOps, Agile Methodologies, Continuous Integration, Test Automation, cloud-native, Micro-Services
- Prior experience in working with multi-vendor integration
- Knowing the Nokia Altiplano product on the “advanced user” level
- Individual Contributor performs day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives. Yet will have to be able to work constructively in and with customer projects and teams
- Analytical mindset, capable of combining and analyzing information from several different sources
- Applied agile practices in software development
- Experienced in working with international teams in diverse locations
- Strong cognitive skills – Advanced English and interpersonal skills
- Requires the ability to communicate with functional leadership regarding team & technical matters. May at times be required to negotiate regarding operational issues
- Has cross-cultural knowledge and global mindset
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
Jesteśmy przekonani o tym, że różnorodność sprzyja innowacyjności i kreatywności, a kobiety uwielbiają pracować nad nowymi technologiami. Dzięki indywidualnie zaprojektowanej ścieżce kariery na podstawie zainteresowań, kompetencji oraz wcześniejszych doświadczeń zawodowych, każdy pracownik ma możliwość przyczynić się do powstania rozwiązań oraz...