NESsT inwestuje w przedsiębiorstwa społeczne, które tworzą godne miejsca pracy dla najbardziej potrzebujących. Stosuje podejście zaangażowane, zapewniające dostosowane do potrzeb finansowanie i indywidualne wsparcie rozwoju biznesu dla przedsiębiorców społecznych na rynkach wschodzących.
- The Portfolio Manager will support the investment strategy for a portfolio of high impact social enterprises in Poland.
- The Portfolio Manager will oversee NESsT’s “due diligence” review of enterprises, analyzing their financial sustainability and impact potential and proposing investment recommendations for review and approval by the NESsT investment committee.
- This position will support enterprises once they enter the NESsT portfolio, including assisting the enterprise team to validate their business models and to develop their management and governance, as well as systems, networks and strategies needed to grow their businesses for greater impact. Additionally, the Portfolio Manager will identify and work with local mentors to provide investees with additional advisory and mentoring support and will help leverage other investors and donors offering blended capital needed by the enterprise.
- The Portfolio Manager is also responsible for communications related activities to increase the visibility and positioning of NESsT and the portfolio among key stakeholders.
- The position will report to the Country Director in Poland and will also work closely with local and international team members to continue to develop and improve NESsT business services and impact methodology overall, and to contribute to the growth of the social enterprise sector.
- This is a full-time position based in Warsaw, Poland. Employees may work from a home office-based office as well as our co-working office space.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Portfolio Development
- Lead the process of evaluating candidates for the NESsT’s portfolio, including preliminary assessment of business potential and social impact
- Conduct due diligence, financial modeling and develop investment packages (grants, recoverable grants, patient loans) for social enterprises that are being assessed to enter the NESsT portfolio in Poland. Develop the Investment Memo for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Once they enter the portfolio, work closely with portfolio enterprises to develop annual financial and social goals as well as business services plans to help enterprises reach their goals.
- Implement business services, focusing on strengthening the management and governance, marketing and sales, operations and financing and social/environmental impact of each enterprise. Leverage competencies of external mentors and advisors from NESsT’s corporate partners.
- Assist Country Director in coordinating volunteer engagement and learning opportunities for corporate partners. Assist in NESsT’s efforts to identify new partners that can hire program beneficiaries trained by portfolio enterprises.
- Manage and organize events related to the portfolio including retreats, site visits (for NESsT and/or donors/partners/investors), exchange visits, webinars, mentoring and coaching sessions and local and regional conferences.
- Provide on-going management, monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement and reporting on new and existing investments, with an eye towards recommending opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Overview and coordinate financial and legal operations: contract development, grant disbursement, follow-up and variance measurement of activities and expenses made by enterprises supported by NESsT. Also update internal systems related to knowledge management and data management.
- Help portfolio enterprises to develop a communications strategy and plan that will contribute to positioning them with existing and potential clients, as well as NESsT enterprises with the overall social impact sector.
- Actively work to position NESsT as a social impact investor with a strong track record in growing social enterprises and creating dignified employment. Activities include producing press releases and articles to communicate impact to the wider audience, media monitoring, maintaining regular communication through Facebook, newsletters and the NESsT website (as required in current projects and as needed). Coordinate with Global team
- Assist in the production of blogs, newsletters, publications, photo essays, videos related to the NESsT portfolio and initiatives.
- Respond to general inquiries about NESsT, provide communications/media outreach support in Poland. Represent NESsT to external audiences (meetings, conferences, etc.) in relation with the program and identify, research, contact and develop relationships with potential corporate, government, foundations and other investor/donor resources to promote financial support of NESsT.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in strategy and consulting, finance, and impact investing are required. Experience in investment banking, private equity, or venture capital is also useful.
- Strong analytical skills, financial modeling experience and the ability to approach tasks in a highly organized, logical and diligent manner.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to social impact. This can include volunteer positions. Experience with social enterprises a plus.
- Experience operating in emerging markets, especially Central and Eastern Europe.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and native Polish to be an effective communicator among diverse internal and external audiences.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and produce high-quality work within tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a small, dynamic, nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power-Point) and Google Apps. Salesforce experience a plus.
Warsaw, Poland – working from home office and co-working space.
9 a.m. – 6 p.m. with one-hour lunch break. Due to the fact that NESsT is an international organization, online meetings, trainings, and conferences sometimes occur outside of these hours.
This position requires intensive travel (i.e. visits to NESsT portfolio members, representing NESsT at various events).
January 1st, 2020. The initial contract will be for 3 months. After a successful 3 month review, the contract will be extended to be permanent.
Please apply for this position by uploading the following materials in English via our online application:
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and your available start date
- Statement on salary requirements.
- Application process is open until position is filled. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację