Portfolio · Warsaw, Mazovian
NESsT is an international non-profit organization with offices in Europe and Latin America and a global leadership team based in the U.S. NESsT’s major goal is to transform lives by investing in social enterprises that provide dignified employment for communities facing isolation, discrimination, and lack of job skills and poor education. We believe that locally-based social enterprises are uniquely qualified to transform these communities. These enterprises are on the ground, have the trust of the communities, and have created businesses aligned with their best interests. These enterprises are on the ground, have the trust of the communities, and have created businesses aligned with their best interests Find out more about NESsT: www.nesst.org
The Portfolio Manager will support the investment strategy for a portfolio of high-impact social enterprises in Poland, oversee NESsT’s “due diligence” review of enterprises, analyze their financial sustainability and impact potential, and propose investment recommendations for review and approval by the NESsT investment committee.
This position will support enterprises once they enter the NESsT portfolio, including assisting the enterprise team in validating their business models and developing their management and governance, commercial and financial systems, as well as networks and strategies needed to grow their businesses for greater impact and scale.
The Portfolio Manager is also responsible for communications-related activities to increase the visibility and positioning of NESsT and the portfolio among key stakeholders.
They will report to the Poland Country Director. They will also work closely with local and international team members to continue to develop and improve NESsT business services and impact methodology and to contribute to the growth of the social enterprise sector.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the process of evaluating candidates for the NESsT’s portfolio, including a preliminary assessment of business potential and social impact
- Manage internal knowledge and data management systems and develop reports.
- Develop a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Program Director approval, and monitor grant disbursement and expenses reported by enterprises supported by NESsT.
- Implement business services, focusing on strengthening the management and governance, marketing and sales, operations and financing, and social/environmental impact of each enterprise. Leverage competencies of external mentors and advisors from NESsT’s corporate partners.
- Assist in NESsT’s efforts to identify new partners that can hire program beneficiaries trained by portfolio enterprises.
- Manage and organize events related to the portfolio, including retreats, site visits, webinars, mentoring and coaching sessions, and local and regional conferences.
- Provide ongoing management, monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement, and reporting on new and existing investments to recommend opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Help portfolio enterprises develop a communications strategy and plan that will contribute to positioning them with existing and potential clients and NESsT enterprises with the overall social impact sector.
- Respond to general inquiries about NESsT, and provide communications/media outreach support in Poland. Assist in producing blogs, newsletters, publications, photo essays, and videos related to the NESsT portfolio and initiatives.
- Actively work to position NESsT as a social impact investor with a strong track record in growing social enterprises and creating dignified employment.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3 years minimum of progressively responsible experience in finance, strategy and consulting, and knowledge of impact investing are required.
- Experience with business consulting or coaching and advising services to social enterprises or SMEs is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, financial modeling experience, and the ability to approach tasks in a highly organized, logical, and diligent manner.
- Strong corporate and commercial network and capacity to generate value through this network.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to social impact. This can include volunteer positions. Experience with social enterprises is a plus.
- Commitment to environmental impact.
- Language: native Polish speaker, and good to excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to work in teams (on-site and virtual)
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, and innovative in a small, dynamic, nonprofit environment.
- Availability to travel locally or internationally.
Compensation: NESsT offers 12,000-14,000 PLN gross for this role based on the candidate’s work experience and skills.
Location: Poland– working from a home office or co-working space in Warsaw.
Schedule: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Since NESsT is an international organization, online meetings, training, and conferences sometimes occur outside these hours.
Travel: This position requires some travel
Start Date: December 2022.
To apply: Deadline: December 9th
To apply for this position, click on the green „Apply for this job” button and upload the following materials in English:
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and your available start date.
- Statement on salary requirements.
NESsT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację