Partner Sales Support Associate
Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 78 consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,000+ networks and 3,000 cloud and IT service providers in 31 countries spanning six continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Partner Sales Support Associate is a partner facing role with the responsibility to guide opportunities through the quote process from opportunity creation to sales order signing on behalf of the Reseller. This role will rely on various internal sales support teams for various portions of the quote process but will be on point as the “quarterback” of the opportunity. Additionally, on a second phase of the role, the PSSA will be the internal advocate, advising the partner on the best solution and working with Solution Architects to finalize solutions on behalf of partners.
PSSA will Support Partners with creating, tracking status and garnering approvals for quotes. Partners require such support for various reasons including quoting/ deal registration system access issues, quote complexity, traveling, knowledge/training, and exceptional high volume of quotes.
- Provide live sales support for all system related questions and be the single point of subject matter expertise for any system or process enhancements (e.g., ECO enhancements)
- Support some pre-sales related activities for complex customer accounts
This position will handle both administrative tasks for account executives and sales representatives related to entering quote information and customer facing tasks (e.g., gathering requirements from Partners, supporting sales activities for complex customer accounts). While the key responsibility is shepherding all quotes to booking and thus, generating revenue for Equinix, when applicable the job may also require working with Customer Service Managers to support them on revenue related activities, in pre-sales activity or escalation context.
The job is therefore a key partner for Partners, Sales Engineers and Customer Service Managers. Daily activities include:
Pre-Sales Administration and Transactions Coordination
- Coordinate all pre-sales activity for small and medium size customers
- Collect complete and correct data upfront
- Validate quoting info provided by Partners
- Follow up directly with the Partner on any clarifications or additional info required to accurately generate quote
- Monitor and manage sales support queues in Salesforce
- Keep systems up to date with customer information and legal documents
- Manage cases according to regional Case Management guidelines
- Oversee quote approval process
- Handle escalation between Sales Support and other internal groups
- Work with the Partner Account Managers to ensure pricing agreements are in place and accurate
- Provide support to the Client Executive/GAM account managers generating legal agreements in SFDC and submitting nonstandard term requests to Legal (e.g. for MCA, GTC, Policies)
- Solution design & Recommendation (Role Phase 2)
- Direct deal support and triage function into the QSS organization
- Shepherding paperwork through approvals process; monitoring SLAs and escalating as necessary
- Assisting Partner with quote revisions
- Working with Partner to follow up with customer for signatures
- Working to move any quote/agreement that get “stuck” in the process
- Working cross functionally with Legal, Billing, Customer Care and IBX OPS
- Delivering job aids/FAQs to Sales
- Supporting complex accounts
- Partner pre-sales relationship management
- Renewals – pricing support
- Follow up with the Partner on deals coordination
- Follow up on quotes and orders
- Assist with Partner questions via email or phone
- Assist with gathering preliminary QBR info in a pre-sales context
- Participate in face-to-face Partner meetings as trusted pre-sales advisor together with Sales
Pre-Sales Project Management:
- Project manage cross region large, complex deals
- Be able to manage all changes and keep the quote and documents up to date
- Engage cross functional teams to coordinate requirements against deadlines
- Communicate effectively with a variety of departments within Equinix and function well within a team
Sales Systems and Processes Support:
- Deliver refresher trainings to the Partner to address knowledge gaps
- Communicate process improvements and enhancements to Partner teams
Internal: end user Sales Reps, Partner Account Manager, Partner Development Manager, Quote Support, Sales Engineer, Customer Success Manager, Commercial Solutions, Legal, Channel Sales Operations
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, preferably in computer-related field
- 2-3 years of experience in a sales support role is preferred
- Siebel, Salesforce.com knowledge/experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous Equinix sales support experience.
- Strong understanding to the opportunity management in SFDC to issuance of a Sales Order in Siebel.
- Phase 2: Ability to aid the Partner in developing initial solutions and working with SA and GSAs to finalize a solution that can be “sold” and explained to the Partner.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to work cross functionally to get Sales Orders approved and be an advocate for the Partner.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work and adapt in rapidly changing environment
- A Customer service focus
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, handle highly confidential information, and a self-starter attitude
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel (including Excel pivot tables), PowerPoint required
- Strong process orientation and analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Working knowledge of internet, hosting and networking concepts desirable
- A firm understanding of the Equinix products
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and...