Network Service Engineer III
Responsible for: global network operations, incident resolution and request fulfillment, capacity management, cooperation with vendors, reporting, documentation, troubleshooting, and resolution of reported and detected faults. Performs effective maintenance to the equipment to prevent faults from occurring; cooperation with internal teams and external service providers.
- Monitor and ensure network uptime and SLA compliance for the global network.
- Maintain, monitor and support enterprise network operations.
- Act as the second line of support for Network issues and escalation for lower Tier.
- High and low severity tickets (Incidents, Requests, Problems) triage, troubleshooting, resolution and escalation
- Identification and proactive problem management
- Resolve internal customer issues and work closely with customers and vendors until resolution.
- Perform level 2 network support such as configuring switches, routers, and other network devices.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and health checks, configuration modification, and upgrades
- Vendor management, cooperation and escalation for ISP’s and OEM’s to support the infrastructure.
- Follow network configuration and design principles
- Support processes and procedures automation for network operations
- Document and publish approved KB articles, work instructions and procedures for internal reference
- Willing to work in multi-national team and 8×5 operation in the follow the sun model.
- Participate in the periodic weekend on-call and ad-hoc weekend or after hours activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Basic knowledge of ServiceNow and ITIL process to understand the Incident, Request, Problem & Change process.
- Understanding and experience in ticket prioritization and management.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting global network infrastructure (troubleshooting, operations, configurations)
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting on various OSI levels.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP, VLAN, etc.) and network hardware (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Juniper preferred.
- Hands-on experience in production network configuration changes and troubleshooting
- Experience in use of packet capture tools.
- Intermediate understanding of security best practices concerning all aspects of the network (PAN Firewalls, Cisco ISE, Global Protect, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x).
- Experience in troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc). Cisco Meraki preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of load balancers and firewalls. F5 and Palo Alto preferred.
- CCNP, CCIE or similar professional level certification preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the EU is required. Equinix may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Fluent in English language.
- Possibility to work in hybrid work model (Warsaw) or remote from PL
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and...