Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
We are active in a growing and challenging business which is in constant evolution.
The Carrier SDN/Network Automation Team as part of the Customer Engineering Organization in the Network Infrastructure IP/Optical Business Center offers the opportunity for an Integration Professional to join the Carrier Software Defined Network/Network Automation Team.
We are introducing, via Demos, Workshops, Proof of Concepts and Trials, the new ION Carrier SDN products and features to our customers in the EMEA Region. Network Design for the above Technologies, Products and Solutions also belong to our set of responsibilities.
We are in contact with R&D teams, Project/Program and Technical Managers, Consulting Engineers and Business Development teams, Local Account teams and Regional Customer Engineering & Support teams.
What you will learn and contribute to
Your main responsibilities will include:
- (Technical) Pre-Sales, Post-Sales, Engineering and Professional Service support for the area of Software Defined Networks solutions product portfolio in the EMEA region (especially E-W Europe)
- Capture customer requirements, define relevant Use Cases and work out a corresponding list of required features & capabilities, and convert Use Case/Features into Test Cases/Test Plans
- Validation of Use Case(s) by staging and demonstrating them in Nokia labs and/or customer site(s). You convince the customer technical representatives that Nokia can provide them with the best technical solution
- Occasionally help troubleshoot and problem-solve customer support requests working closely with the technical support teams to resolve technical issues
- Support in defining and specifying NSP Platform Design Documents
- Responsible for NSP solution testing and implementation during NPI (POCs, Demo, Acceptance phase)
- Deliver technical presentations and workshops to our internal and external customers
- Report customer requirements to NSP product management teams
- The role will require short international travel, sometimes at short notice
- A flexible approach to work, especially when communicating with other Nokia groups (sometimes in different time zones), is essential
- The ability to thrive under pressure and to cope with stressful situations is of importance
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master of Science/Engineering in the telecom industry, dealing with IP/Optics technologies
- Good understanding of or eager to learn virtualization, containerization, SDN, and NFV ideas, as well as associated technologies
- Motivated to learn Nokia IP Network Infrastructure Products and associated networking principles and technologies to complement Nokia IP Solutions
- Enthusiastic about all facets of our customers’ networks and solutions, including but not limited to architectural definition, solution design, construction, deployment, and troubleshooting
- Analytical mindset understanding complex solutions and creativity highly oriented towards problem solving. Good social competencies to work with colleagues from different teams and countries
- Good communication skills in English with customer-oriented mindset
- Flexible, well organized, independent, responsible Eagerness to constantly learn new technologies to grow in the role
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of Python/Golang, Ansible, JSON-RPC, Netconf/Yang, SNMP, Bash, and/or XML scripting, CICD Pipeline and automation
- Experience with the following technical concepts: BGP, L2 / L3 (TCP/IP), Service Provider architecture, EVPN, IGP, Linux Routing, MPLS and Segment Routing
- Experience in deploying systems on top of VMWare, KVM, OpenStack or Kubernetes
- RHEL/CentOS experience
- NSP (Carrier-) SDN product portfolio
- Nokia SROS and SR Linux experience and understanding of Cisco, and Juniper
What we offer
As part of this great team, you will have
- Performance driven bonus
- Access to trainings, labs and learning tools ie: Nokia Trainings, LinkedIn Learning, O’Reilly Learning
- Collaborative coworkers
- Interesting contacts towards several Nokia internal and external stakeholders
- Strong supportive environment to grow
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
If you are interested in this job offer apply!
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
Jesteśmy przekonani o tym, że różnorodność sprzyja innowacyjności i kreatywności, a kobiety uwielbiają pracować nad nowymi technologiami. Dzięki indywidualnie zaprojektowanej ścieżce kariery na podstawie zainteresowań, kompetencji oraz wcześniejszych doświadczeń zawodowych, każdy pracownik ma możliwość przyczynić się do powstania rozwiązań oraz...