IKEA Purchasing Services Poland Sp. z o.o. is currently looking for a
Product Development Engineer (Textile) in Free Range
The Product Development Engineer is part of the Free Range EU Center Business Team.
He/ She takes part in development of new IKEA products in comfort material (textile, filled products, sofas, mattresses) area. He/ She controls technical aspects of the process.
He/she is responsible to secure product tests and technical documentation.
- Delivering input to the product development projects at technical perspective by bringing know-how for: construction solutions, material and production knowledge, quality aspects and customer expectations.
- To define and to set-up requirements for new products based on IKEA and legal requirements.
- To create and update documentation.
- Responsible for choosing test methods and assist in developing test methods.
- Responsible for communication and collaboration regarding the requirements with external parties: Customer, Purchasing, Suppliers, Test labs.
- Support production implementation in cooperation with Purchasing.
- Lead product assessments and analyze product risk assessments.
- Be updated within applicable IKEA Standards, specifications, working methods and IT tools.
- Establish and maintain networks within and across all Business Areas.
- Keep an up-dated picture of customers’ needs and demands around the globe.
- Focus on time to market and speed.
- Comfort material (textile, filled products, sofas, mattresses) technical knowledge.
- Strong experience in construction and production technologies relevant for furnishing products.
- Production experience to lead product development on factory floor with full understanding of possible impact on production.
- Education in engineering or technical or similar working experience (Textile education will be appreciated).
- Within the assigned area proven experience of product documentation work, technical drawings (CAD, measured images, 3D software), product compliance including testing and quality deviation management.
- Adequate knowledge of material and construction.
- Good communication skills, will and ability to work in team.
- Willpower for continues development and improvements.
- Good understanding of IKEA range, processes and customer needs.
- Ability to understand standards and share and live IKEA values.
- Ability to lead multiply projects on medium and high complexity level at the same time.
- Good understanding of purchase teams and suppliers daily operation which leads to deliver projects on time.
- Ability to deliver product development by leading and communicating clearly and simply way.
- Sense of urgency, creativity and eagerness to look for new solution.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Very good computer software skills (MS Office applications).
- Driving license Cat. B
The job requires travelling up to 70% of working time.
Please submit your CV and CL in English.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację