Contract Type National contract
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement-affected populations based on humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and the neighboring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova, and wider Europe. Due to the ongoing conflict that began in February 2022, DRC opened offices in Poland, Moldova, and Romania to provide support to the displaced population in partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors. DRC continues to implement in these three countries through partnerships, technical assistance, and capacity exchange, and direct implementation in some cases.
About the Job
We are looking for a Human Resources & Administration Officer to join the newly established presence of the Danish Refugee Council in Poland to be based in Warsaw. If you are keen to work with a people-centered approach and are no stranger to HR and administration processes this might be the right fit for you. We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious person who can provide HR and administrative assistance and support in compliance with DRC’s and local guidelines and procedures.
As HR Officer you will be focusing on all things HR in Poland: from recruitment to contracting and onboarding, to day-to-day employee assistance. Together with the HR Coordinator you will develop Poland’s HR strategy and translate it into action plans and day-to-day tasks. You will support the employees of DRC Poland in all HR aspects. As Administration Officer you will support the Head of Support Services in managing and delivering administrative services for Poland.
General Human Resources Tasks
- Advise and assist management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns.
- Review Human Resources processes and suggest improvements.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Prepare job adverts and assist hiring managers with the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Book testing, schedule interviews, and prepare employment contracts.
- Prepare onboarding program for new employees.
Compensations & Benefits
- Manage, update, and process the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensure onward submission to the finance department.
- Prepare and submit required reports monthly for auditing purposes.
- Ensure that records of all Human Resources-related information are kept and sent on a timely basis to relevant parties.
Development, People Planning, and Well-being
- Ensure that the performance appraisal process is and learning and development opportunities are communicated to the employees.
- Assist in the provision of induction trainings on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as required.
- Assist in people planning activities (e.g., ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles).
- Support employee well-being initiatives.
- Oversee and administer contract management and its filing relevant to the office management such as lease contracts, maintenance contracts, cleaning, internet etc.
- Maintain inventory records for office supplies (stationary, cleaning and kitchen supplies, toners etc.) and promptly advise the department on restocking needs.
- Maintain and update contact lists.
- DRC Focal point for staff health insurance inquiries, provide regularly updated staff lists to the insurer.
- Review and verify bills received for facilities (office, permanent staff residences) including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies, and new furniture or equipment.
- Prepare ID cards and deliver visibility items to the staff.
- Act as a focal point for all staff travel arrangements including the booking of flights, car rental, train tickets, and hotels.
- Ensure visitors are advised in advance of all arrangements and provided with pre-arrival briefing including contacts.
- Assist with the allocation of staff to rooms in the guesthouse(s).
- Assists in the provision of staff support to the office, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and handling day-to-day problems and situations.
- Act as a focal point and arrange for maintenance for the office and the permanent staff residences in Warsaw.
- Manage petty cash for a small amount of period if/when required.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a similar role (Human Resources Management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development), preferably within the humanitarian/NGO sector. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in HR, Business Administration or Social Sciences or equivalent professional qualification.
- Previous experience working with payroll and/or compensation and benefits is an advantage.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using an online system for recruitment.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners, and nationalities.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn from others.
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Fluency in Polish and advanced English skilss are a must
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
Contract type: National Contract
Contract length: 31st December 2023, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funding.
Band: Non- Management, H
Base Salary Range: PLN 11.995 – PLN 13.225 gross per month, based on experience.
Duty base: Warsaw
Start date: Asap
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Applicants must have the legal right to live and work in Poland at the time of the application. DRC does not sponsor visas.
Closing date for applications: April 2nd, 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację