Who we are looking for
Reporting to a Fund Accounting Manager, the Employee is responsible for the operational and staffing aspects of supervising a team in a busy and challenging environment. We are searching for someone who will supervise team to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards and all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Team Supervisor you will
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Supports Team Manager (Officer) in daily duties.
- Focuses on work organization, execution and admin
- Supports A1&A2s in on boarding and ongoing development
- Acts as a Coach & Mentor for A1s and A2s
- Is a key feedback provider in performance management of A1s, A2s
- Demonstrates solution oriented attitude
- Is responsible for effective escalation (risk identification and actions)
- Owns remediation actions at team level
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Agree goals for team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
- Has no direct linkage to team members in HR systems/data inventories
- Has no direct access to personal sensitive data of team members in MyWD or PSH
- Does not provide Medical Health check required for people managers
Management of Service Delivery
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and Officer informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to Donor Sites as required.
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Fund review and other duties as assigned
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Methodical and organized.
- Team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good management skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a Fund Accounting environment is necessary.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Recommended tenure in the previous role is 12 months.
- Recommended performance rating in the previous role is Sometimes Achieving or Frequently Achieving.
Development Plan in place.
- What we offer
Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader.
You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers