Derivatives Expert, hybrid, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The purpose of the role is to support processing of complex derivatives data. SA IC is responsible for operating model, identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving issues
Employee is a central point of contact for other processing teams, client service and brokers.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
Participate as Subject Matter Expert in the development, testing and implementation of new tools/systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as a central point of contact for technical and operational issues encountered in the daily business and/or ad hoc requests related to derivatives process. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to issue resolution and share lessons learnt with team members/managers.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across clients and country groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any specific procedures.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of Derivatives Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practices.
- Provide support for new business transitions to Poland and/or internally between teams.
- Support process and review of work done by other colleagues if needed, actively monitor daily risks associated to not meeting deadlines/accuracy levels.
- Liaise internal and external clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Ensure that departmental procedures are in place and all controls are adhered to.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Keep Team Supervisor and Manager informed of issues. Ensure the issues log is updated and track progress.
- Keep Team Supervisor / Manager informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests and projects progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting different client / country groups as well as contributing to a range of projects.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
- Demonstrate good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping.
- Assist in training of less experienced staff and preparation of knowledge test cases.
Demonstrates solution oriented attitude and be accountable for execution of made decisions and assigned actions within the team
Is responsible for effective escalation (risk identification and actions)
Owns remediation actions at team level
KPI and other reports – Reviews data collected by the team, controls its accuracy and timeliness, communicates risks and challenges. Takes actions to detect inefficient areas and addresses it.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Supporting daily operation by taking responsibility for resolving complex issues.
- Demonstrating expert knowledge.
- Owner’s mindset and being example to follow.
- Demonstrating core State Street values.
- Actively participating in department projects.
- Being proactive about own development.
- Presenting positive attitude in the workplace.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written.
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Enthusiastic and engaged.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in the finance related field will be an asset.
- Previous experience with fund accounting or other finance related fields will be an asset.
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program that will help you to match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Prosimy powołaj się na portal Mamo Pracuj składając aplikację
State Street to światowy lider wśród dostawców usług finansowych i jeden z największych banków powierniczych z centralą w Bostonie. Działa na 100 rynkach finansowych i zatrudnia ponad 39 000 pracowników. W Polsce jest od 2007 roku, a jego biura znajdują...